How to Find Time to Create
My sister recently asked me how I get things done creatively with a wee one at home. I realized maybe my Dear Internet Friends wondered about it too. My answer is simple, find things you do now that you could do without.
- I found Caffeine makes me more tired, and therefore I would need a nap. So I found a way to reduce the Caffeine and still be able to drink tea. I always begin my morning with tea! So now I don’t need a 20 min nap every day. I’m not kidding when I say this is HUGE. I have been taking naps ever since I started college. When I worked, I even slipped out to my car at lunch and slept there. On the street. Yeah, not the wisest thing, but I had to nap to be sane. So anyways, that’s 30 minutes saved in my day.
- Take a walk daily with kiddo instead of working out during a break. I should start doing weights again but that’ll happen winter. So that’s an hour of exercising I don’t do. I probably shouldn’t nix this, but I would rather be painting.
- The house isn’t pristine, as I mentioned before and this saves time. Plus even though the kiddo only takes one nap, I can clean now while awake their awake. For example, loading/unloading the dishwasher while they eat their snack in their high chair.
- I don’t take away from hubby time, but I do make sure I don’t lose my sleep because of it. If I lose sleep, then I need caffeine, then… you see where that leads. That extra little bit of a movie is not worth being a zombie in the morning.
- The biggest thing that I changed recently, is only one day for reading. You heard me. Eek. It was a big big change. I have gone from reading 4-5 books a week to 1 maybe every 2/3 weeks. I literally get 3 hours of reading a week. Book reading. I am still wheedling down the blog hopping during my tea sessions. I don’t foresee the book limitations lasting forever, but I need to get my Etsy shop loaded with new prints. Until then, we are book fasting here…
Little things add up. They really really do.
Now, I just need to transition my eating time and I would have an all art nap time! Right now I eat when their asleep, because what I eat isn’t necessarily baby friendly and they always want what we’re eating rather than what we give them. Plus that will probably help me getting my calorie count under control. For the win! Speaking of nap time, I hear someone might be awake. Later!